Can a parent prevent their child's visit?:- Family Choice Mediation Truro

June 29, 2022

Family Choice Mediation services, Truro In the wake of a divorce or separation, many parents put their children in harm's way by preventing them from interacting with the other parent. In some cases, these feelings are a result of a parent's tardiness or a disagreement with the child. Rarely, a parent may think that the child's well-being is jeopardized by contact with the other parent. Authored by Family Choice Mediation Truro, this blog post addresses the issue of parental prohibitions on children's visitation with the other parent in cases of parental separation or divorce.

Severing a child's connection to a parent

Consult with an attorney before terminating your child's contact with the other parent if you are considering doing so.
If you terminate all contact with a child without first submitting a motion to amend the order, you may be in violation of an existing child arrangement order.
Even if there is no ongoing child custody order, you should still consult with an attorney on your options. This is due to the fact that if you terminate contact, your ex-spouse may petition the court for a child arrangement order, and based on the present degree of contact and the reasons you seek to terminate it, they may be granted additional access to your kid.

Should contact between a kid and the other parent be restricted?

Under some conditions, the youngster should avoid physical touch. You may be eligible for supervised contact if you fear child abduction and that your child will be removed without your consent from the United Kingdom, or if you are concerned that the other parent is incapable of caring for the children during contact and lacks insight into their mental health issues or extended family support to make contact safe for your child.
However, there are situations in which terminating contact is not in your child's best interest, despite the fact that doing so might significantly simplify your life by eliminating the need to communicate with your ex-spouse over contact arrangements.
A parent may choose to limit a child's contact with the other parent under several circumstances, including:

  • The other parent's child or espousal support payments are delinquent.
  • The fact that the other parent has a new significant other angers or depresses you.
  • You believe that the other parent is attempting to exert control over you through their interactions with you over childrearing, causing you tremendous tension and irritation.
  • You are concerned that your ex-spouse may be hostile at pick-up or drop-off.
  • The other parent is frequently late when receiving or returning the child.
  • Homework is not completed while the kid is with the other parent, and the child returns from contact weekends exhausted, making it difficult for them to resume their normal routine and focus on their schoolwork.
  • Because the other parent does not employ the same parenting techniques that you do, you are viewed as the disciplinarian and a bore.
  • The child returns with negative feelings toward you after spending time with the other parent.
  • The youngster states that their relationships with the other parent are monotonous, and they would rather spend time with their pals.
  • The child dislikes the new spouse and children of the other parent.

All the aforementioned concerns are valid and require legal guidance and conversation with an experienced Family Choice Mediation Truro attorney, but they should not necessarily lead to the termination of all contact between your kid and the other parent.

What will happen if I prohibit my child from contacting the other parent?

If you cut off contact with the other parent of your child, that parent may do the following:

  • File a petition with the court to enforce an existing custody order.
  • Submit a request for a child arrangement order to the court.
  • Maintain frequent contact with the child, for as by providing transportation to and from school.
  • Refrain from touching the child, since he or she may despise physical contact and, as a result, become angry and hurt with you.

In addition, since the child has lost touch with the other parent, he or she may have an idealised view of that individual. The child may forget, for instance, that the other parent woke them up late or spent the whole contact period watching television.

It might be advantageous to discuss the expected outcome of the other parent's application for a child arrangement order and your own application for a children order, such as a barred steps order. It is vital to understand how the family court will limit contact and examine what the judge thinks to be in the best interests of your kid.

A specialist in child law may also offer the accompanying services:

  • Alternative Family Mediation You can utilise Truro to communicate your worries regarding communication with your ex-partner.
  • Protective orders, such as injunctions for domestic violence, if your ex-spouse harasses you or you fear child abduction.
  • Conversation at a roundtable with attorneys specialising in children's law to discuss your concerns and find answers. For instance, consenting to a parenting plan that outlines regular parenting practises for the kid or consenting to supervised contact with your ex-spouse during a period of mental illness.
  • Family counselling in which an adolescent can discuss feelings around physical touch.

Prior to cutting off connection between your child and the other parent, it is frequently vital to pause and contemplate the ramifications of your decision.

Family Selection Mediation Truro solicitors

For expert legal advice on preventing a child from seeing the other parent and obtaining or disputing a child arrangement order, contact 03300 100 309. or make an online query.

Call Family Mediation Choice Truro on 03300 100 309.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram